Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Today's Meet Culture Lesson

Over the summer, I took a trip to a country called Sri Lanka. While I was there, I lived with people from all over the world. I was there for a month, and developed close friendships with these people. I still talk with them on a weekly basis. Right now, my third grade class is learning about countries and their different cultures for their theme study. We came up with the idea to "pen pal" with my friends to learn more about their cultures. Using a website called TodaysMeet, we asked them questions about what life was like for them in their countries. You can read the stream below. We had friends chatting from 5 different countries: Blanca (Spain), Puja (UK), Daphne and Doron (The Netherlands/ Holland), Moeno (Japan), and Michal and Karolina (Poland).

No comments:

Post a Comment